Wednesday, August 29, 2007

My middle name is Restraint

This morning, my father-in-law said his middle name was Restraint, when offered a mouth watering glazed Stan's donut.
It made me think, what is my middle name. (Really its Lynne, but that is not what I am meaning)
I believe my middle name is "I am addicted to sugar and refined carbs" or maybe it is "sleep deprived" or even sometimes it is "CHOCOLATE" . It is never, never Restriant.
Maybe I need to work on that. Is it possible for a delectable donut to be placed in my near vicinity and say no thank you? Can I really stop eating treats and the like?
It seems like an impossibility but if my middle name was Restraint I might have a chance.

I am going to eat my donut and think on that. I will get back to you with my progress report.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh sister - I'm with you, FOR SURE!!

Mine is definitely "late night ice creams runs to DQ" OR "can't stand getting up at 3am for a 50 mile bike ride, even though my fat thighs needs it" ;)

Interesting thought ....

teuscher travels said...

How fun is "restraint" ...really!!! not fun at all there are so many better(read: happier) alternatives!!

Anonymous said...

STANS!! We popped into the Bay Area for several hours last weekend and I snuck out early to Stan's. Let me tell you that a jelly donut and a chocolate sprinkle can easily keep you full till 8pm.