Sunday, July 29, 2007

Photos: Never to be Forgotten

Do you ever browse through your photos and find ones that are not really that attractive of you at big events? Like weddings, family reunions, etc.. I am loving this one recently taken at my friends wedding.
I look like I am waiting for the camera to flash so I can EAT her.
(There is something about a maternity bridesmade dress that gives me that cannibalistic glint.)


I know we all have such photos lurking in the back of our memories. You know the one where you lean in to kiss your hubby right as your 4th chin pops out of your neck, and some good soul is there to capture it forever on film and mail to the relatives in the next family newsletter.

You gotta love it.

I think we should embrace unflattering photography and collect all the horrible photos taken of us in one little (or big) box. Then we can get them out when we are feeling really ugly and hopefully be cheered (that we don't look like that anymore), or if it makes us feel worse at least we have something tangible to burn and tear until we feel better.

This next one is going in my pile for sure!!! (yes those are tiny chevrons on my western shirt, and that was how I looked in the year book)

4 comments:

Raskills said...

*LOVE* the bangs in that second photo. Back then, I spent many hours in front of the mirror with a curling iron and hairspray to get that beautiful look. :D

-Liz

Tracy said...

I love those photos!!! Hey at least you had normal looking teeth with that hair...try to imagin that hair with JACKED UP teeth and then you can catch a glimpse of me!

You are the best author of funny witty stuff! Love it

Jenn said...

Yes, they may be silly ... but you're still BEAUTIFUL and I agree with Tracy ... suuuuuper funny! I love reading your blog.

The Plewe Clan said...

Abby...You have just made my day. I laughed so hard as I was reading your entry. I have not laughed so hard in a while!