Saturday, July 28, 2007

*NEW* Favorite Tidbit of the Week

Every once in awhile I find a little quote or something that makes me think or smile or even want to be a little bit better.
This one is an excerpt of a letter a husband wrote to his wife in his journal. It made me want to be a better wifey so that in 50 years my husband will feel this way about me.

"We are alone, We two. We two whom destiny has made one. Long ago, it has been sixty years since we met under the June trees. I kissed you first. How shy and afraid was your girlhood. Not any woman on earth or in heaven could be to me what you are. I would rather you were here, woman, with your gray hair, than any fresh blossom of youth. Where you are is home. Where you are not is homesickness. As I look at you I realize that there is something greater than love, although love is the greatest thing in earth. It is loyalty. For were I driven away in shame you would follow. If I were burning in fever your cool hand would soothe me. With your hand in mine may I pass and take my place among the saved of Heaven." John Haslem Clark

No comments: