Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Husbands are WONDERFUL (at least mine is)

Today is the 2nd of potty training for our cutie number 2. She just turned 3 and it is WAY past time. (Cutie number 1 was potty trained at 20 months)
I am 38 weeks pregnant and hopped up on Vicodin, for some serious displaced ribs. By the time dinner time rolls around I am pretty much laying in a massive heap on my bed.

Cue the Blessed Husband home from a hard days work.

We had peanut butter and jelly and yogurt for dinner and then he took the kids outside to pick tomatoes while I prostrated myself on the bed.

They came back in to wash the tomatoes and all the sudden he is hollering "Stop shaking your leg! Don't touch it! What happened?!! AHHHH!" Cue the running down the hall accompanied by reminders that solid bodily waste goes in the potty. Apparently little cutie had poop running down her legs and pooling on the floor around her, and then she started shaking it into a splatter pattern on the surrounding area. NASTY!
He never called me for help. He bathed the offending child, scrubbed the floor and the poopy underware read everyone a story and sweetly put the children to bed.

I stayed in my bed and listened to the whole thing.

He deserves a raise.

5 comments:

teuscher travels said...

yay you are back!! that is hysterical! I love your postings:) makes me laugh outloud at work! I have never heard of anyone doing it cold turkey so you will have to keep us updated! Oh and I hope the baby comes really soon!!

Lindsey said...

too funny! you knew it would happen, lucky for you it was on a loving daddy's clock...hehehe!

The Plewe Clan said...

I am dying as I read this! You are so brave to potty train so close to your due date!!! You go girl! Carter is not going to be trained before this baby comes unless he does it on his own!!!!

Raskills said...

I agree completely. A major raise, if not a vacation to recover from such a traumatizing incident. ;)

-Liz

DarbyM said...

Way to go Dad! :)

Welcome back to the world of blogging! :) I Love your posts, I laughed so hard at the spitting in the night.... so funny! I hope the training goes well and that baby comes soon!

dlm