Sunday, February 12, 2006

A good Sunday Wrastle

I love Sunday. It is a day that is different from the rest of the week.

I like to go to church, listen to the sermon, and enjoy the music; but lately the listening aspect is not happening for me. The sermon is still being given, and musical numbers issue forth, but lately I have been engaged in a vigorous, pew enclosed, wrastling match.

Now for those of you who aren't familiar with the term; wrastling is different than wrestling. In wrestling there are rules. There is no screaming or biting in wrestling. You would be disqualified. But in wrastling, well, anything goes.

My 20 month old daughter, has been working her way up the pro wrastling circuit. She has some sweet moves.
I think she may have learned a few new ones today from one of the other wrastling matches in the pew across from us.

Here are a few of the basics that are used over and over by toddlers in our region.

When you are loosing a wrastling match, throwing a sharp heeled, glitter encrusted, "pretty" shoe may get you out of the tight fisted dress hold. The emptying of any cheerios or other quiet snack food onto the meeting room floor may lead to escape to the isle points. You may also find that screaming during a prayer is an effective way to disarm your opponent.
My personal favorite is the nasty dirty diaper trick. I loose to that move all the time.!!

Some people gain things from Sunday services that effect their life in a positive way. Recently all I've been getting from our meetings is a frizzy hair do and crumbs down my shirt.

I am so excited for wrastling season to be over. I have high hopes that someday we will all sit quietly in the pew, listen to the speakers and sing the hymns on key.

Until then I need to brush up on my skills. Next week I will emerge victorious!


... or at least settle on a truce.

No comments: