Thursday, June 29, 2006

How long is too long? And other questions I need answers to.

Quick question(s)...

How long can clean laundry sit on the living room couch, before I should be embarrassed that it is still there?

How long can I go without cleaning the bath tub before it is unsanitary, and my kids are no longer considered clean after soaking in it?

How often should I sweep under my fridge. (the little boy I watch informed me that it was "a bit hairy under there."

Is it better to bather children in the morning, or before bed?

It there are no finger prints in the dust on my shelves, can I leave it a bit longer?

Are weeds a form of ground cover?

Do I wash the children's sacred blankets each week, or do I let them ferment a few days more and keep the peace? (one of them is particularly attached to a small area of her blanket that "smells a bit like dog". (we don't have a dog))

Do dust bunnies breed like rabbits?

I feel like I should know the answers to most of these, but I find myself wondering if I am stretching things a bit, and if I am not, how much more rope can I give myself before I am strung up by my housework demons.

2 comments:

Kathryn Thompson said...

I'll be needin' an address if you'd like me to be a sendin' that tatt.

And, bathe the kids whenever you feel like it. I prefer to do it as frequently as possible because they think they're swimming or something.

Anonymous said...

Hi Abby,
You want to see hair come over after the movers leave on Wednesday. As for dust bunny love..it is true. That is why I had to explain the birds, bees and bunnies to Rebecca. It was either that or tell her I have better things to do than clean and let her know that her mom is a below average house cleaner. Worse yet I am not interested in an intervention. I feel comfortable with mating dust bunnies and hairy things under the fridge. The kids will be gone too soon, then I will clean...or maybe I will just play with my grandkids.
I love you and miss you already.
Annie
Please, come see me.